1. I will shut the water off any time I am leaving my house for an extended period (gone overnight). If I do not know where my water shut-off valve is I will make sure to find out!
2. I will respect my garbage disposal and sink drains by not pouring any grease down the drain, throwing any non-food item into the disposal, and by always running a constant stream of cool water down the drain until the garbage disposal has stopped.
3. I will make an effort to conserve water - whether it's fixing a leaky toilet, changing out fixtures to more water efficient models or simply turning off the tap instead of letting it run while washing dishes or brushing teeth.
4. If you live in an area with hard water consider installing a water softener. This can help save you money in the long run as it will help preserve the life of your washing machine and dishwasher.
5. I will admit to hiring a professional when needed right away instead of trying to "fix" the job when maybe I shouldn't be. When I do hire a professional, I will make sure I hire a fully licensed, professional plumber - like Top Tier, LLC!
We wish you and your family a wonderful 2013!